23 September 2011

Not Again!

Exhausted
It's now 5:00 in the fricken' morning and I still have not slept. Xander simply refuses to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time. I don't even make it back to bed before he's crying again. Ross was up with us for two hours earlier this morning. Neither of us can figure out what is wrong. He has been fed and changed numerous times. We have given him the gripe water earlier because he was gassy. We put hydrocortisone on his rashes because he was itching horribly. When that didn't ease his itching, we resorted to the Benedryl.

He's still acting wide awake, whining and itching... and now he's running a fever. I have him up to play in hopes that it will wear him out. He seems to be itching less, but he is very, very clingy and whining over everything. I'm sure he's actually very tired, but something is keeping him awake.

I'm losing my mind here. A person can only go so long with so little sleep. I am so happy that Ross is on vacation after today. Earlier this morning, I warned him that I am heading straight to bed when he gets home and I'm sleeping until I feel rested. If that means Xander is in Ross' care until Saturday night, then so be it. If I don't get some solid sleep soon I'm going to go ape-shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment