03 August 2010

In Pain and Can't Sleep

It is nearly five in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm just in too much pain and too hot. I started out the night curled up with Ross in my pillow nest. By the time he started snoring, I was already uncomfortable and needed to change positions. I spent the next hour or so in and out of restless sleep. I moved out to the couch, aimed a fan at myself, turned on the TV and managed to get a couple hours. I have now been up since three-ish.

The pain is from all the walking yesterday. Basically, my pubic symphysis relaxed far too early in pregnancy and excessive walking (especially up and down stairs) gets very painful. Mom, Angel, Jason, Nevaeh and I (Rosst joined us at Walmart) went shopping for groceries and last minute items for the baby shower on Saturday. We spent nearly three hours wandering around Sam's Club and another two at Walmart. Add in hauling it all in the house and up the stairs. Stairs are the worst! I could barely walk by the time we were finally done. Didn't help that I was having Braxton Hicks contractions too. Ugh!

I am happy that we now have everything here and ready except for the fresh fruit and veggies. I feel like I can relax a little bit more. I've been far too tense about the party. We've just had so much we wanted to get done before the party and Ross and I are both feeling like we can finally just relax after it's over... until Xander arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment