05 December 2009

Flare-Up

Sore, Blistered Skin
My hands are badly flared up again. I'm still not sure what I came in contact with. I haven't had a flare in almost a year, so it came as a bit of a shock.

I've been to the hospital and used their soaps a thousand times, so I don't think it's that. I'm very careful about what I touch there, too.

Mom and I made a few stops at stores and a Taco Bell that day also. I'm leaning toward the notion that it was the soap or something dirty at the Taco Bell. The refried beans there tasted like fish (yeah... ewww... I know!), so I'm guessing it wasn't the cleanest of restaurants.

I've been treating it with the steroid cream the dermatologist gave me, but I'm careful with it because she told me it thins the skin and makes it weaker. It also smells like, looks like and feels like Vaseline... with a medicine-y scent. Lovely, eh?

Needless to say, I haven't accomplished much in the world of knitting the last couple days. I'm planning on washing the goo off and getting back to work sometime today. Sometimes, I think I actually heal faster without the cream. With it, I can't do anything because my hands are coated in goo and all I can focus on is my itchy skin. Without it, I can keep myself and/or my hands busy and I don't scratch it. I also really have too much Yule knitting to finish so I just don't have time to take a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment