11 November 2011

At the Gym: Day Three

Today will be my third day at the gym. So far, things are going quite well. I've found that exercising in public does not bother me quite as much as I thought it would and I know it will get easier as I get smaller. The change in routine has already done some good... I'm down four pounds!

My back injury from last winter is going to cause a few problems until I get it built up. Mom was showing me how to use the crunch machine and I could only do four at a time, because my back muscles were pulling so painfully. It all radiates right from the spot that hit the step. If it doesn't get better after some more strengthening, I will have to have the doctor take another look at it.

I'm not a fan of the regular upright stationary bikes at the gym. My poor butt crack suffered more than anything, but the machine was also very jerky and awkward. Mom prefers them over the recumbent bikes. I told her that if we get on the bikes today and she sits by me, we'll have to sit where the uprights and recumbents meet, because I'm not doing that to my poor behind again!

I just need to locate a visual guide to the machines so I know what everything is called. I didn't go with the higher-cost gym package, so I really don't have a trainer to ask. You can ask for assistance from those on the floor, but they always seem like they have somewhere else to be right then. At least most of the machines have guides on them for use and explain the muscle groups that are targeted.

No comments:

Post a Comment