20 June 2011

Teething & Family Reunion

Peek-A-Baby
Xander had finally developed something resembling a normal sleep schedule. He was in bed and usually asleep between 9 and 10pm and slept through until 7:30 to 8:30am. Occasionally he'd wake for a few minutes around midnight, but it was rare. Then he hit another brutal round of teething.

We are averaging about two hours of broken sleep a night. Ross has been trying to help at night to ease some of the burden, but he has to go to work... my hours are self-imposed. Well, my hours are controlled by Xander, but I have no paying boss to answer to! I'm hoping last night's marathon sleep session from 9pm to 9am is an indication that we're back on track. I only wish I had slept that whole time also!

Mom, Mary, Grandpa Bernie & Uncle Ed
We had a family reunion this weekend on Father's Day. It was for the descendants of Mom's dad's grandmother. It was the first time we had attended a reunion of that particular line, because Grandpa Bernie always figured none of his kids wanted to go. *eyeroll* At least enough of his extended family got on his case that he finally let us in on it.

It was held at a family owned banquet hall. The food was typical banquet, metallic-flavored fare. It was rather sparse, though... my vegetarian choices included mashed potatoes, corn, salad, and desserts brought by guests. They put sausage in the stuffing and bits of pork in the sauerkraut, so I lost out on a two dishes that are generally vegetarian. The highlight was some pumpkin maple cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I have got to find that recipe! No one seemed to know who made them so I could ask for a recipe.

It seemed like everyone had old photographs to share. It was fun looking back on pictures of Mom and Grandpa. A cousin of my grandpa's was even running old home movies of earlier reunions and family gatherings from the 60's and 70's. It was actually pretty amusing. The styles of the clothing and hair was enough to get a good laugh! It makes you wonder what it will be like 30 or 40 years from now when we're watching old movies from today.

Well, the kiddo is actually napping so I need to take advantage of this time to get some cleaning and studying done.

No comments:

Post a Comment