- Save the whales. Collect the whole set!
- A day without sunshine is, like, night
- On the other hand, you have different fingers.
- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
- 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
- 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
- I feel like I’m diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
- I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
- Honk if you love peace and quiet.
- Remember half the people you know are below average.
- Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?
- Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
- Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
- He who laughs last thinks slowest.
- Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
- Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
- I intend to live forever – so far so good.
- Borrow money from a pessimist – they don’t expect it back.
- If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
- Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
- The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
- Support bacteria – they’re the only culture some people have.
- When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane and going the wrong way.
- If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
- A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.
- Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks
- Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.
- No one is listening until you make a mistake.
- Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
- The hardness of butter is directly proportional to the softness of the bread.
- The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
- To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.
- Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your life.
- You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
- Two wrongs are only the beginning.
- The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
- The sooner you fall behind the more time you’ll have to catch up.
- A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
- Change is inevitable except from vending machines.
- Get a new car for your spouse – it’ll be a great trade!
- Plan to be spontaneous – tomorrow.
- Always try to be modest and be proud of it!
- If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
- How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand…
- Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.
- If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving isn’t for you!
12 April 2011
06 April 2011
|Chevron Jewel Scarf|
Yarn: Knit Picks Chroma in Roller Skate
Needles: Size 4 (3.5 mm) circular
Ravelry: Chevron Jewel project page
Made for: Still not sure. I have a lot of people begging for it. I’m rather in love with it, so if I do end up giving it away I will have to make another for myself.
Notes: I will definitely use this pattern again. It was easy to memorize and fit well into my current “knit on the fly” lifestyle. I never know when the baby will wake from his nap and I have to set my knitting aside in the middle of a row. It could easily be adapted to different yarn weights and colors… making scarves appropriate for a variety of situations. It has also inspired me to work on a scarf design of my own. I have some more Chroma in my stash that is begging to be a scarf now.
01 April 2011
He started to vomit again… several times. Then he started choking and gagging. I couldn’t find anything causing it. When I realized he was getting lethargic and turning pale, I called 911. The First Responders were here within two or three minutes. They took stats, set oxygen near his face to assist his breathing and checked him over. He was getting a bit better already and was pretty much completely alert again by the time the EMT’s arrived.